Marlboro Hose Co. No. 1 Annual Comedy Show Fund-raiser-April 2014

 

Friday, April 25th 2014 at 8:00pm (doors open at 7:00pm) Show will go till about 9:30pm.

At the Marlboro High School 50 Cross Rd Marlboro NY 12542

Comedian- Tom Cotter from last seaons America's Got Talent (their will be a opening act)

Ticket Price- 10$ in advance, 15$ at the door

For Tickets:

call 845-236-7753 and leave a message.

at the fire house at 14 Grand St Marlboro, NY 12542 on any Monday night from 6:30pm till 9:00pm

at Supply Captian at 26 Western Ave Marlboro, NY 12542 Mon.-Fri. 8am-4pm

at the door the night of the event

OR see any Marlboro Firefighter!

 

Please NO one under the age of 16. Their will be a 50/50 raffle the night of with the drawing at the end of the show. Sorry, no beverages are allowed in the show. Marlboro Hose. Co. No. 1 "Support" T-shirts will be for sale as well as soft drinks. The benefits from these proceeds will go to the volunteer firefighters of the Marlboro Hose Co. No. 1.

Copy and paste the below links into your web browser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7W6yIrgbaQ

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2T666A4SEg&feature=relmfu

Marlboro hosts annual inspection dinner

April 18th, 2012
 
Each year, the Marlboro Hose Company holds an inspection dinner as a way to say thank you to all of the men and women who serve or assist the department in protecting life and property in their community. 

This year the department chose a new venue for the dinner – Rolling Greens at the Dutchess Golf & Country Club, with music provided by DJ Andrew “Enriquez” Nikola.

Chief Bob Troncillito had two special honors to award – one to 50-year member Brian Johnson and another to Cal Cosman, who has served for more than 61 years and whose fire helmet #38 was retired that evening in his honor.

Johnson, who received his 50th pin and a plaque, said he enjoyed “every minute” of his service to the community.

“I’ve been secretary, 2nd lieutenant, been a driver for most of it [and] now I’m a fire policeman,” Johnson said.

Johnson said his family ties to the Marlboro Fire Department began in 1917 when his grandfather joined, followed by his father and then himself, who have collectively served the community for 95 years.

“I enjoy helping out, really, and just doing something for the town,” he said.

Johnson said over the years he has witnessed incidents of joy and exhilaration when a life or a home is saved and moments of heartbreak when someone is lost or a property is completely destroyed.

“That’s the tough ones,” he said with a catch in his voice.

Johnson said he has always enjoyed the camaraderie within the company and likens it to an extended family.

Cal Cosman also served in a variety of positions in the department from lieutenant, assistant chief and as chief. He said his “retired” helmet will join many other memorabilia at home, with his wife Ruth Ann gently kidding, “I was just asking where are we going to put it. All the walls are full and down the hallways.”

Cosman said serving in the Marlboro Department was never a chore.

“I just loved it. I like to go [on a call],” he said. “I drove everything; all the different stuff.”

Ruth Ann agreed, saying, “believe me, he was very dedicated.”

Troncillito said the department members take office in January each year but they wait for better weather in the spring to hold the dinner. He said the evening is a small way for the District to say thanks to members, families and supporters of the Hose Company.

“Nobody’s getting paid and we don’t get anything else,” Troncillito said. “It’s a little atta-boy for the guys, wives and significant others. It’s a nice little perk for everybody.”

Troncillito noted that they also extend invitations to the surrounding fire companies with whom they share mutual aid in emergencies.

Troncillito said he receives great support from the Board of Fire Commissioners, all of the active members as well as the Ladies Auxiliary.

“I’ve been doing this a long time and its so rewarding from the support that you get,” he said. “I look at the calls we go out on and no one ever complains; I don’t care if its 2 o’clock in the morning or 2 o’clock in the afternoon, the guys are available and the gals are there.”

The chief said he and the company take pride in helping an individual or a family in distress “and doing a good job at it.”

Troncillito also publicly recognized several others for their service in 2011: Anthony Libonati for Top Responder Driver; Mark Cialgia for Top Responder for Firefighter; Mark Caserto for Rookie of the Year and Cory Rhynehart for Line Officer. Troncillito singled out one individual, Joseph Mericle, for two honors – Top Responder for Fire Police and for Firefighter of the Year.

By MARK REYNOLDS
mreynolds@tcnewspapers.com

Marlboro Hose Co. 1st Annual Bike Run Fund-raiser

Sunday, April 29, 2012
Start- 9AM
End- about 3PM
15 miles or 35 miles (biker gets choice) (runs through Milton,
Marlboro, Clitondale, Plattekill, Highland, New Paltz)
Starting and ending at the Marlboro Town Park (Round Pond) off 9W in Milton

Its too early to know how many bicyclists we will get exactly,
however, we are looking at approximately (and hopefully) 300 Bikers.
Then of course; on-lookers and such.

Point of Contact: Marlboro Firefighter Bobby Keator (845) 728-4576.

***Non- motorized Bicycles.

30$ for each biker on day of event or 25$ for early sign-up which lasts until April 20th!

Blaze destroys garage in Marlboro

Published: 2:30 PM - 09/25/07

Marlboro — Fire caused by an electrical short-circuit destroyed a commercial-size garage on Idlewild Road late last night.

Marlboro Hose Co. No. 1 Chief Bob Troncillito said the 40-by-60-foot garage owned by Rick Noto was engulfed in flames when the first firefighters arrived shortly after the alarm was sounded at 11:12 p.m.

Water was pumped from a nearby pond to control the blaze. Troncillito said the garage, next to Noto's home, was used for a former contracting business. It was a total loss, along with a pickup truck and some other small pieces of equipment inside, the chief said.

The fire started in the compressor room, where an electrical wire short-circuited, Troncillito said.

There were 30 Marlboro firefighters on the scene, along with Mobile Life Support Services and the Ulster County fire investigation team. Milton firefighters were on standby. No injuries were reported.

Michael Randall